At the season’s unofficial midway point, Washington quarterback Michael Penix — an Indiana transfer — has emerged as a fairly heavy favorite to take home the 2023 Heisman Trophy.
According to DraftKings Sportsbook, Penix is -150 to win the award. Oklahoma quarterback Dillon Gabriel (+800) is the closest player within shouting distance.
2022 Heisman winner Caleb Williams saw his hopes of becoming just the second two-time winner in the award’s history take a huge hit after a dismal performance last week against Notre Dame. The USC quarterback is now the fifth choice at +1400.
Here’s the DraftKings top 10:
- Michael Penix Jr. - Washington (-130)
- Dillon Gabriel - Oklahoma (+1000)
- J.J. McCarthy - Michigan (+1000)
- Jordan Travis - Florida State (+1200)
- Jayden Daniels - LSU (+1400)
- Drake Maye - North Carolina (+1800)
- Caleb Williams - USC (+2000)
- Bo Nix - Oregon (+2000)
- Carson Beck - Georgia (+3500)
- Jalen Milroe - Alabama (+5000)
Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.