#45 Blanton Creque
Class: RS Senior
Hometown: Shelbyville, KY
Thoughts: Without the performances we’ve seen from Blanton the last few seasons the Cards would be up a Creque without a paddle, if you know what I’m saying (let me have this one guys, I’m hitting a wall on puns). Last season the offensive production slowed down his career numbers a tad, but the young man is still on a trajectory to hang up the cleats as one of the best to ever do it. Lets take a moment and rattle off some stats:
· Creque has the most points scored by a kicker (18) in a single game in the history of Louisville football, coming against NC State back in 2016.
· Creque is 4th (109) and 10th (87) respectively in single season point total from a kicker, with another season to try and top Carmody at 123.
· Creque is sitting at 4th in the history of the program for his career point total, only trailing Nate Smith by 22 points. If he hits his career average this season (84) he will finish in 3rd place behind Carmody and Wallace.
· Creque has 124 PATs in his career. If he finishes with his career average (41) he’ll finish in 3rd place behind, you guessed it, Carmody and Wallace.
· Creque is tied for 1st in the history of the program with most field goals in a game (4).
· Creque is both 3rd (17) and 4th (16) in number of field goals made in a single season, meaning if he connects on 16 or more in 2019 he’ll have 3 of the Top 5 season totals in history.
· Creque is 4th in the history of the program for career field goals made (43). If he connects on his career average (14) he’ll finish in 3rd place behind, once again, Carmody and Wallace.
· Creque is 3rd (.850), 4th (.842), and 6th (.833) respectively in season long field goal percentages, meaning if he connects at his career average (.842) he would own three of the top 5 and 4 of the top 7 season field goal percentages in Cardinal football history.
· Creque is currently sitting at #1 all-time in career field goal percentage (.842). As long as Creque finshes 2019 with a conversion percentage higher than 81%, he will be the all-time leader in field goal percentage for his career.
· Creque also happens to be #2 (14), #4 (10), and #5 (9) in Cardinal history for consecutive field goals made all time.
This young man is the real deal, and has quietly been one of the best to ever do it in the red in black. While I can’t confirm with 100% accuracy I’d like to think I was the one who initiated the #CrequeForHeisman campaign back in 2016 and have carried the torch throughout the last couple years. ‘The Regulators’ know I have their back and they get nothing but love from me, I’m just hoping the rest of the fanbase becomes aware of just how special this group has been the last few seasons.
Best day of my life! I love you @laikynml ❤️ pic.twitter.com/DMAMqN0u1m— Blanton Creque (@Bcreque_19) June 28, 2019
Did you ever have a doubt that the young man that will likely go down as the most accurate field goal kicker in the history of the program would have a problem closing the deal? Congrats to both. Remember what they say to kickers, keep the “Mrs” happy and they’ll be no “misses”. I just made that up actually, but I’m gonna roll with it.