A year after his breakout sophomore season resulted in him becoming Louisville’s first Heisman Trophy winner, Lamar Jackson has been selected by the ACC’s media as the overwhelming pick for the league’s preseason Player of the Year.
Jackson received nearly 100 more nods for the honor than the runner-up, Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois.
Here’s the full tally:
ACC Player of the Year
1. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville - 113
2. Deondre Francois, QB, Florida State - 23
3. Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson - 11
4. Harold Landry, DE, Boston College - 8
5. Jaylen Samuels, AP, NC State - 7
6. Eric Dungey, QB, Syracuse - 2
T7. Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami - 1
T7. Ahmmon Richards, WR, Miami - 1
T7. Daniel Jones, QB, Duke -1