Fox Sports South will televise No. 16 Louisville’s season-opening game versus George Mason on Sunday at 2 p.m. The match-up will be the Cardinals’ first regular season basketball game under interim head coach David Padgett following the dismissal of Hall of Famer Rick Pitino.
Tom Werme (@twerme) will handle play-by-play alongside analyst Mike Gminski (@mikegminski), along with contributions from FS1’s Mike Hill (@ItsMikeHill), Jim Jackson (@jimjackson419), Steve Lavin (@SteveLavin64) and Bill Raftery. In addition, Louisville representatives have been invited to join the telecast, including:
- Denny Crum: head coach from 1971-2001, including six trips to the Final Four and two NCAA championships in 1980 and 1986.
- Darrell Griffith, aka Dr. Dunkenstein: senior captain and leading scorer of Louisville’s 1980 NCAA championship team.
- Vince Tyra: interim athletic director and son of Charlie Tyra, a former Louisville All-American in the 1950s.
The network will also televise highlights from a recent interview between Padgett and FOX Sports’ Wes Durham.
The Cardinals will make two more appearances on Fox Sports South during the 2017-18 season:
· Tuesday, November 21, vs. Southern Illinois at 7:00 p.m. ET
· Wednesday, January 10, against Florida State at 9:00 p.m. ET.