A reminder that the first Red-White scrimmage is tomorrow night at 7 at the Yum Center. You won't be able to find it anywhere online, so in person is the only way to get your first glimpse at the 2016-17 Cards.
College basketball starts exactly one month from today. Andy Katz of ESPN has an early 2016-17 primer.
The 2016-17 Louisville basketball media guide is here, which should be enough to keep you all occupied for the next three days until the football game.
The U of L men's soccer team is all the way up to No. 2 in the latest Soccer America top 25. The Cards take on No. 7 Indiana tonight at 7 inside Lynn Stadium, and the first 100 fans through the gates get free stuff.
Stewart Mandel's bowl projections for Fox Sports have Louisville taking on Tennessee in the Orange Bowl.
Eleven ACC teams in the NCAA Tournament? Jeff Goodman says it could happen.
Charlie Strong said yesterday that Baylor and TCU changed the Big 12 with "lesser athletes," a comment which probably won't go over well with players for either teams.
The Numerical is always a college football read worthy of your time.
.@loucentralsport Would be an honor ! So much respect for The Greatest !!— Antonio Brown (@AntonioBrown) October 11, 2016
I need to clean them up, but DM me the address
U of L baseball will be hosting its annual high school all-star camp on Oct. 28-29.
The Forde Yard Dash says, among other things, that Lamar Jackson is still the Heisman favorite.
Filed to CBS Sports, Heisman Week 6: 1.Browning, UW;— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) October 10, 2016
2. J Peppers, Mich
3. L Jackson, Lou
4. JT Barrett, tOSU
5. Donnell Pumphrey, SDSU.
Brooklyn Rivers of the U of L women's soccer team has been named as one of the country's top freshmen by Top Drawer Soccer.
The C-J outlines its playoff road map for Louisville.
On the men's soccer side, Mohamed Thiaw has been named the ACC co-offensive player of the week.
Miami's BankUnited Center is getting a new name.
An Arkansas professor was arrested for yelling "F--k you" at Bret Bielema from the crowd, which seems like an error in judgment but also not an detainable offense.
Yahoo projects the four team playoff and doesn't include Louisville or Washington.
The latest College Football Playoff Ranking projections from Jerry Palm at CBS have Louisville falling from No. 4 to No. 8.
4. Texas A&M: The Aggies needed overtime but knocked off Tennessee. That goes with wins over Auburn and Arkansas to give them a pretty good schedule so far.
6. Tennessee: The Vols have played the best schedule and haven't been beaten in regulation yet.
8. Louisville: The Cardinals took the week off and watched as their best remaining opponent took it on the chin.
9. Wisconsin: The Badgers had the week off to prepare for a visit from Ohio State.
10. Virginia Tech: Justin Fuente's first year is off to a pretty good start. The Hokies lost to Tennessee in Bristol but just pounded North Carolina in Chapel Hill to announce themselves as the favorite in the ACC Coastal Division.
Cardiac Hill (Pitt) has Louisville at No. 2 in its ACC power rankings.
Syracuse checks in at No. 12 in our preseason top 25 countdown (note: Louisville has not appeared yet).
And finally, the Cards are happy to be back home and playing after the Clemson loss and the bye week.