Via the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl folks, here's some need-to-know info for Saturday:
There are several lots near the Georgia Dome that are allowing game attendees to reserve spots in advance to help with the hassle of finding a good spot. These range in price from $10 to $31 and in distance from 0.3 miles to 2.1 miles. To check out a list of availability and reserve a spot, click here.
General parking information
There are several lots available for general parking, which can be viewed on this map. General parking lots will open four hours prior to the game and close two hours after the game. Handicapped parking spaces will be available in the red and blue lot on a first come/first served basis. To view an interactive map that will showcase the best route to each lot, click here.
Fans are encouraged to use the MARTA since parking will be limited. Parking at MARTA stations is free, and round trip passes are around $5. All lines have trains running every 20 minutes between 6 a.m. and 1 a.m. on weekends.
Here are a few tips for tailgating that may come in handy before the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game:
- Marked parking spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
- Tents cannot exceed 8′ x 10′
- Tailgating is limited to the lined parking space and the area directly behind or in front of the vehicle
- Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground and may not be reserved
- Please dispose of coals in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Please do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
- Propane tanks cannot exceed a cylinder size of 20 pounds.
The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
- Disorderly conduct
- Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
- Saving parking or tailgating spaces
- Weapons and fireworks
- Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
- Amplified sound systems
Considering all the time you'll spend in traffic just to get to the game, it would be pretty terrible to get kicked out of the stadium during the game. To keep that from happening, here's some information on what's allowed at the Georgia Dome.
All flags, banners, signs, selfie sticks and posters are prohibited as well as behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature. This includes:
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
- Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing fans
- Upon entering the gate, all guests and items are subject to a physical inspection. Entering the gate area constitutes your consent to a pat down screening. Refusal to submit to inspection will result in denied entry.
- Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats.
- Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior.