It's a mile-marker day in Louisville, as we are now just 50 days away from the mighty Cardinals taking the field against Auburn inside the Georgia Dome on Sept. 5 in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game. That's still a decent amount of time, though, so let's look at 50 things you can do to make the period between now and then as painless as possible.
1. Read the entire first half of the Cardinal Countdown series again.
2. Play golf, drink 1,000 beers, play golf and drink 1,000 beers at the same time. Make up a story about this one time where you played in a scramble with Jonathan Huffman. Watch as everyone you're playing with starts treating you as a demigod.
@CardChronicle Have a Cliff Burger eating contest at Lakeside; winner doesn't have to do laps.— Cliff (@cliffysmalls) July 17, 2015
4. Pass off unhealthy eating or any other guilty pleasure simply by saying you're "celebrating the Jawon Pass commitment."
5. Five left. That takes care of five days.
6. Also at Slugger Field: Thirsty Thursday. Still around. Still fun.
7. Use your turn signal when turning right onto Westport Rd. after crossing the railroad tracks in St. Matthews. Because if you don't you're an awful human being.
8. Sugar Bowl highlight videos. Any of them.
9. Don't tweet at recruits.
@CardChronicle (serious) beats and eats at decca next thursday. low-key fun.— Ryson Walden (@ryson) July 17, 2015
11. Crash a wedding. Meet Kyle Kuric.
12. Continue to follow former Cards in the NBA summer league.
13. Momma's Mustard and Pickles: order anything and be satisfied. If you want BBQ (or insanely tasty cheese balls) and want to eat outside, hit up FABD. Can't go wrong with either stop.
14. Hang out with the WAVE-3 weather team and then pick a fight with someone. No one's f---ing with you when this squad is hanging over your shoulders:
15. Mess with Texas.
16. Myron always knows.
@CardChronicle Go to the studio. Make the music that the people need.— Myron Medcalf (@MedcalfByESPN) July 17, 2015
17. St. Agnes picnic (or "carnival," whatever) tonight. Find me, high-five me, watch me win 8 boxes of candy in the candy booth in less than 10 minutes. I won't be sharing.
18. Let's pick it up, Rickie.
@CardChronicle go to a pub and watch the Open Championship with a pint of Guinness— Michael W Krieger Sr (@MichaelWKrieger) July 17, 2015
19. Remember the time we spent apart when I was in Italy, think about how miserable we both were, and gain a fuller appreciation for the time we're spending together now.
20. Only if it gets so long that you think there might be multiple species living in there unnoticed.
@CardChronicle find time to cut grass when it's not raining or scorching hot— Nathan Snyder (@BigNate_88) July 17, 2015
21. Don't jump in the baby pool.
22. Multiple bourbon entries in the first 25 seems appropriate.
@CardChronicle Go to take a staycation and visit museum row and such. Or if we extend it slightly, Bourbon Trail.— Real Roggenrola (@Aaronman99) July 17, 2015
23. Invite Terry Rozier to a birthday party. You never know.
24. Go to a local high-end men's clothing store and simply tell them that you want "the Rocco Gasparro."
25. Work on your John Tong impersonation.
26. Be careful with the margaritas at Havana Rumba though. You'll stand up when it's time to leave and feel like you've entered a previously uncharted realm of consciousness.
@CardChronicle get a sangria swirl margarita at Havanna Rumba and then play a round of laser tag at Lazer Blaze.— Phil Caballeros (@PhilCaballeros) July 17, 2015
27. Show up outside Forecastle (it starts today), play some bluegrass songs dedicated solely to the magical month of March, 2012, and charge people who stop and listen $375.
28. Play tennis under the lights at Seneca Park. Laugh at the taking it way too seriously dude next to you who consistently shoots "too good" after his buddy hits an easy passing shot.
29. Definitely do this.
@CardChronicle write 50 letters to the city demanding they bring back Mulligan's Pub on Newburg. If they refuse, we riot.— Joseph E Cassin (@joe_cassin) July 17, 2015
30. In less than three weeks, start attending the open practices for U of L's fall camp. Come home, and pen 8,000 words on how what affect the day's events had on the quarterback battle.
@CardChronicle spray paint a 'T' on St. X's field, & an 'X' on Trinity's field. Sit back & watch the prank war engulf the city.— Joseph E Cassin (@joe_cassin) July 17, 2015
32. Make it out to one of the "Ramsey & Rutherford on the Road" remote locations. Flick us off. We'll know what it means.
@CardChronicle roll an orange down the uofl sac ramp and try to get it between the yellow pylons— Conor Shea (@CurlyShea) July 17, 2015
34. Thai Cafe in Holiday Manor. Great food, great Cards fans.
35. Re-watch the Crum's Revenge national championship video.
37. This is three things, but I'm not giving it more than one number.
@CardChronicle eat chilaquiles at Wild Eggs. Hike Jefferson Nat'l Forest. Go to JD Becker and throw UK gear on the floor.— D.A. Helderman (@DAHelderman) July 17, 2015
38. Find out where Hot Hot is. Send him poop anonymously.
39. It does. Always.
@CardChronicle does "not wear pants" count?— Kevin Mullins (@Capt_Chuckles) July 17, 2015
41. Justify drinking at seemingly inappropriate times as "tailgating for Auburn."
42. Love you, Belle.
@CardChronicle *ahem*— Belle of Louisville (@BELLELOUISVILLE) July 17, 2015
43. If you haven't walked the Big 4 yet, it actually is quite cool. Bring a special someone. Push them off if they make you mad. They'll be fine.
@CardChronicle Big 4 bridge walk to Jeff for food and/or beer. And back.— Ellen P (@seashore27) July 17, 2015
44. Say "Cards just scored" any time you hear a train whistle. It never gets old. Ever. People will hoist you on their shoulders and carry you around as they continue to cackle. Every time.
@CardChronicle brew at the Louisville zoo on August 22nd— Stephen Goodwin (@sgoody29) July 17, 2015
46. Skip an Oliver episode or two. I won't tell.
47. Go through the archives and relive the "Bring Chicken to the Bucket" magic that defined the glorious summer of 2011.
48. I didn't say it.
Read the Card Chronicle over, and over, and over... https://t.co/kcxF9gDQDC— Cardinal Obvious (@CardinalObvious) July 17, 2015
49. Say "yes and yes" to someone on the street. If they don't respond with "dick," then they don't matter.
50. Re-stock the Cardwear wardrobe. We're a month and-a-half away from 2015-16 being here and you can't re-use the tired looks you wore out during the ACC debut season. Treat yourself and then wow the tailgaters in Atlanta on Sept. 5.