Pretty much everyone who's watched Russ Smith closely for the past four years has been adamant in their stance that in order to succeed at the professional level, all the young man needs is a chance. So far Smith has done nothing to prove those people wrong.
The latest chapter of that story came Sunday night, when Smith was named to the All-NBA Summer League second team.
In his first taste of professional hoops, Russ averaged16.0 points and a league-leading 6.4 assistants per game over five contests for the Pelicans. He also successfully cut down on his turnovers after giving the ball away six times in each of his first two games.
Just like everyone predicted (seriously, this time).
More from Card Chronicle
- Lorenzo Mauldin And DeVante Parker Speak At The ACC Kickoff
- Miami LB On Louisville: 'I'm 0-1 Against Those Guys, I Ain't Going 0-2'
- Louisville welcomed to its new home at ACC Football Kickoff
- Louisville Basketball Recruiting: Trinity Star Raymond Spalding Commits To Cards
- ACC Football Kickoff: Hey, there's Louisville