David Padgett is headed back to Louisville, where he will serve as Rick Pitino's assistant video coordinator for the upcoming season.
Padgett served as a captain at Louisville for three seasons, and left U of L in 2008 as one of the more popular Cardinal players in recent memory. He was a unanimous first team All-Big East selection as a senior, and led Louisville to a No. 3 seed and a trip to the Elite 8. Padgett was also named the 2008 Card Chronicle Man of the Year, an honor sources say he would cherish more than any other if he were aware of it.
After Louisville, Padgett played professionally for two seasons before accepting an assistant coaching position at IUPUI.
With U of L bringing in three potential centers, including two raw 7-footers, I can't think of a better time to bring back Padgett. When he left, I think most of us assumed that this would eventually be his future, and it's nice to see that assumption come to fruition.
- Teddy Bridgewater And Calvin Pryor Both Invited To Attend NFL Draft
- Louisville Officially Announces The Signing Of Anas Osama Mahmoud
- Home Games Against Duke, North Carolina Highlight Louisville's 2014-15 ACC Basketball Schedule
- Kenny Johnson Leaving Indiana To Join Rick Pitino's Staff At Louisville
- Monday Evening Cardinal News And Notes