Card Chronicle Ballot - Week 5
|2||Alabama Crimson Tide||2|
|5||Boise St. Broncos||-2|
|7||Oklahoma St. Cowboys||8|
|10||South Carolina Gamecocks||--|
|13||South Florida Bulls||-4|
|14||Virginia Tech Hokies||3|
|17||Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets||5|
|18||Texas A&M Aggies||-10|
|20||Illinois Fighting Illini||-2|
|21||Arizona St. Sun Devils||--|
|22||Iowa St. Cyclones||--|
|23||Florida St. Seminoles||-7|
|24||West Virginia Mountaineers||-11|
|Dropouts: Arkansas Razorbacks, Fla. International Golden Panthers, USC Trojans, North Carolina Tar Heels|
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Top 25 Rankings "
I defend myself (kind of) after the jump.
1. LSU - I don't see how there's any debate at this point. The Tigers have played three ranked opponents and defeated all three convincingly. Their team-speed alone makes their games must-see-TV.
2. Alabama - Thought they'd beat Arkansas, would never have guessed they'd do it by 24. You get Bobby Petrino off his game plan...
3. Oklahoma - Florida State didn't do them any favors, but with two SEC teams as their only real competition for the No. 1 spot, the Sooners are essentially in control of their BCS title game destiny already...in September. Have I mentioned that I have an issue with college football's postseason?
4. Clemson - Back-to-back wins over Auburn and Florida State. If they hadn't started the season ranked so low then no one would have an issue with this. It'll likely be short-lived anyway, as the Tigers head to Blacksburg this weekend.
5. Boise State - Big East refs are not on the bus.
6. Florida - Have to be happy just to escape from Commonwealth with a victory. Always a tough place to play for the Gators.
7. Oklahoma State - Huge win, but that defense is still suspect.
8. Stanford - Unless something strange happens, they'll be favored to win every game this season (Oregon's at home...my guess is that will be enough). Most likely candidate outside of Boise State to go unbeaten and get left out of the national title game.
9. Wisconsin - The Globetrotters think they need to schedule someone respectable.
10. South Carolina - Was surprised to see them as nearly a 17-point favorite over Vandy, but they made the folks in Vegas look smart.
11. Baylor - Robert Griffin has more touchdown passes (13) than incompletions (12).
12. Oregon - Generally don't reward "good losses" until later in the season, but dropping the opener to the No. 1 team in the country can be a mild exception.
13. South Florida - If only October, November and December didn't exist.
14. Virginia Tech - Begins its 2011 season on Saturday.
15. Michigan - Whatever happens from here, just know that you're cool for having Denard Robinson on your team.
16. Nebraska - What have they done that I'm supposed to be impressed by?
17. Georgia Tech - Big win over UNC in a game they really should have won by two or three scores.
18. Texas A&M - Looked like they had minimal interest in winning after halftime against OK State.
19. Texas - Meh.
20. Illinois - You know The Zooker went water skiing today. You know it.
21. Arizona State - Only loss is to The Zooker, who went water skiing today.
22. Iowa State - Enjoy it for the next four days.
23. Florida State - Was simply a bad spot for the Clemson game to land.
24. West Virginia - Temple throttling Maryland made last Saturday hurt even more.
25. Houston - #BringChickenToTheBucket