You'd think that someone who blogs about Cardinal sports for a living would have a perfect record as a fan. Far from it. Here are just a few of the things I am not proud about my Cardinal sports fan history, in no particular order:
- I left the Rutgers comeback game in 2007 at halftime. It was cold, we were losing, the season was awful, the grad students around us were drunk and not paying attention to the game. My brother was like, do you want to leave? I was like, ya, bro.
- I missed the UofL-TCU (?) loss in January 2005, a road game, because I was at a UK game with my now-wife on our second date. I had to refresh my phone in the car and see us lose.
- From 1998-2003, I attended exactly 1 UofL home football game - I got there late because of my now-ex-girlfriend and left early. I think it was Temple but I can't be 100% sure.
- For years I thought it was Damien Dantzler, with an "L". Not Dantzer.
- I never really liked Cornelius Holden as a player.
- I went to I think just 1 home football game in the 2004 season, and didn't watch the Memphis game that season because I actually went out on a Thursday night to a bar or 4th Street Live. One of maybe like 5 times I went out the entire semester. #nerdalert
- I still think Mike Marra was the best player on the team from Oct-December last year, and to my dying day will not believe I jinxed him.
- I jinxed Mike Marra's 2010-11 season.
- I went to the Liberty Bowl in Memphis in 2000, but had no idea who Dave Ragone was, or really anyone else on that team.
Feels good to get that off my chest. I'm sure there's more, but you've probably stopped reading already. Feel free to confess your "bad fan" moments in the comments below.