According to one recruiting service - I'm not sure which one and I'm not going to look it up because I don't feel like it - Charlie Strong's class of 2011 has jumped from No. 37 to No. 27 just this week. I enjoy him being our head football coach.
Here are the guys (outside of Chris Dukes who we've already seen) that made it happen.
Calvin Pryor, a three-star safety from Florida who picked Louisville over Florida State, Maryland, Arkansas and Central Florida.
And the newest commit, Terrell Floyd, another athlete out of Florida who picked the Cards over Kentucky, South Carolina and West Virginia, among others.
This is also worth a gander:
I like the looks from the kids on the sideline.
Here are some updates on how some of Strong's older commits fared this past week.
Chris Dukes, Cincinnati Colerain, DB - U of L's newest commitment has eight tackles on the season for the 4-0 Colerain team.
- Aaron Epps, Tucker, Ga., OL - Epps had a few more pancake blocks as Tucker ran at will and demolished Chamblee 68-0.
- John Miller, Miami Central, OL - Miller had a solid game as Central dominated on the ground and rolled over Miami Beach 41-6.
- Jerrell Moore, Fern Creek, ATH - Moore continues to make big plays, scoring on a 94-yard kickoff return and 15-yard run in a 60-20 loss to Eastern. Moore now has eight touchdowns on the season for the Tigers.
- DeVante Parker, Ballard, WR - Parker caught nine passes for 219 yards and three touchdowns as the Bruins routed Meade County 45-10. On the season, Parker has 33 catches for 871 yards and 11 touchdowns.
- DaMarcus Smith, Seneca, QB - Smith had another huge night, completing 20 of 33 passes for 381 yards and five touchdowns as Seneca downed DeSales 40-34 in overtime.
- Robert Terrell, Russellville, Ala., LB - Terrell had a bunch of tackles and recovered a fumble as Russellville beat East Limestone 35-14.
The premature DeVante Parker obsession continues.
You can check out the full rundown on Jody Demling's blog.