In the midst of what has likely been the most peculiar offseason of his coaching career, Rick Pitino took to the Internet today to answer some pressing - basketball-related - questions.
Here's a teaser:
Starting five for next year?
- Edgar Sosa at the point. He will have a banner senior year. It takes certain players longer to mature than others.
- Jerry Smith - We need him in shape ready to play and lead. Mr. Consistent will also have a terrific senior year.
- ?? Your guess is as good as anyone.
- Reggie Delk must develop a more dedicated work ethic. Great person. Has to make the gym and weight room his second home.
- Jared Swopshire. MDP on the team (Most Dedicated Player). Has an unbelievable work ethic. Will battle for time at both three and four.
- Samardo Samuels- People would be surprised at how good a face up shooter he is from seventeen feet. Trying out for Jamaican National team.
- Terrence Jennings- The sky’s the limit to how good he can be. With a Swopshire work ethic -- look out. Let’s hope he develops that desire.
Peyton Siva - Will see plenty of action as a freshman.
Preston Knowles - Is the best sixth man in the country (Ed. Note: boner).
Mike Marra - Must get stronger and quicker, but his jumper and range are outstanding.
Rakeem Buckles - “Rock” – Reminds me of Otis George. Will need time to mature physically. But has the desire to become a good player.
Stephen Van Treese - Tough young man who will not back down from contact of the BIG EAST. We will work hard to develop his low post game.
Kyle Kuric - Great in the weight room. Just has to work on his ball handling and spend more time in the gym. But he has the potential to be a very effective player.
George Goode - Helped us last year. Terrific person who has a difficult time with his conditioning. We have to monitor his diet to get his body fat under eight.
Hmmm, "Rock Buckles." It's about a 50/50 split between porn name and action name. Either way, welcome to the club my man.