Spring football is in full swing for Coach Bobby Petrino and the Louisville Cardinals. As per school tradition, the spring season will culminate with the Wendy's Wonderful Kids Spring Game on Friday, April 11 at 7:30 p.m. at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. If you've never gone to a Spring Game before or are just curious about this year's game, here are the details from UofL.
- The game is free and you don't have to worry about picking up a ticket. Simply show up, pick out a seat you like, and have fun.
- The Spring Game officially starts at 7:30 p.m. Stadium gates will open at 6 p.m.
- Spring Game activities start at 4 p.m. There will be live music in the Street Fest area with food, $2 beers, and carnival rides for both children and adults. Tickets for rides will be sold per ride or an all-day pass can also be purchased. Piece of advice: $2 beers and Tilt-A-Whirls are a bad combo 100% of the time.
- For those who are curious, beer will be available during the game on the Norton Party Deck for $2. The concourse concession areas will have other food and drink specials.
- Need new swag? The Cardinal Authentic Store will host their annual tent sale in Street Fest where fans can purchase merchandise for up to 70% off.
- Following the game, UofL players will be available for a 45-minute autograph session, and there will also be a station where fans can take pictures with certain Cardinal players. Break out those CCBMs (especially if you have tiny human beings to put them on) and make sure Mike gets tons of photos.
Just as reminder, all spring practices are free and open to the public. Also, this Friday's practice (4:00 p.m.) is scheduled as a scrimmage. If you want to catch a sneak peak of the team before the Spring Game, Friday would be a great opportunity to do so. Go Cards!