To continue the annual rite of Spring, let's do another conference tournament pool. I will leave it up to the Powers That Be at CardChronicle to determine the prize to the winner. In the past, the winner had the opportunity to write an auto-bump editorial on any UofL topic, although I don't think any winner has exercised this option. It will be hard to top last year which saw three entrants score a perfect bracket: Card 83, DarkSlime-N-MyVeins, and IHaveNoIdeaWhatImTalkinAbout.
It's a bit tough to come up with a great scoring system because of (1) the bracket format, (2) the top-heavy nature of the conference, (3) the fact that this pool is on a UofL fan site and last year 110 out of 117 entrants chose UofL to win the entire bracket and (4) UofL is already such a heavy favorite (54% per kenpom).
OK, so the scoring system is very, very simple:
(1) For every game you get correct in any round, you receive 1 point.
(2) For every game that you get correct that has any other team besides UofL winning that game, you get 1 bonus point.
(1) You get USF over Rutgers correct: 2 total points (1 for correct guess and 1 for non-UofL correct guess).
(2) You get Memphis over UConn correct: 2 total points (1 for correct guess and 1 for non-UofL correct guess).
(3) You get UofL over SMU correct: 1 total point (1 for correct guess).
(4) You get Cincinnati over Memphis correct: 2 total points (1 for correct guess and 1 for non-UofL correct guess).
(5) You get UofL over Cincinnati correct: 1 total points (1 for correct guess).
(6) You get Cincinnati over UofL correct: 2 total points (1 for correct guess and 1 for non-UofL correct guess).
PICK SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
To submit your picks, respond below in chronological order using the American Tournament Bracket here. For example, if you were going to default to choosing the highest seeds, your submission would look like this:
Please type out the names of the teams EXACTLY like they are on the bracket. I know most people won't read this and I'll have to sort through things like "Team with an Ugly Court" instead of "UCF" but that's another story. So, specifically, the only responses should be: USF, Rutgers, UCF, Temple, Houston, SMU, Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis and UConn. Thanks in advance -- doing this will save me a ton of time.