Here's a quick rundown of Coach Pitino's interview on The Early Birds with Drew Deener this morning:
- Gorgui is 100% gone.
- Russ has not fully decided - he's 50/50. He wasn't happy that his dad said what he did. Russ really wanted a few days to think things through and is still conflicted.
- Either way, it's not going to affect the backcourt - we're very strong there with or without Russ.
- Luke is not going, he still needs some rehab. Even in the final game, Luke was only 80%. Going to NBA after he graduates next year is an option for Luke if he continues to improve.
- Chane is not going yet, he needs to change his jump shot dramatically and work on his ball handling.
- Wayne is not going yet, he has not yet regained the skills he lost when he was out from his injury. Needs to develop an arc on his jumpshot and to work on his ball handling.
- No idea whether Kevin will be able to play. Red shirt may be an option if recovery isn't fully complete. The expectation is that he will be playing.
- As Rick was on the phone being informed of the Hall of Fame induction, the text came in from Richard that he'd gotten the Minnesota job
- Coach P didn't expect either of his horses to win. They both ended up gated #5 and they both won.
- Says that if he happens to be at a party in Miami where Pitbull shows up, that's it for him. It's all over at that point.
The show does put up some podcasts, it's possible the interview will show up here: 790 Early Bird Podcasts