As we all know by this point - the Catholic Seven +2 are leaving to create their own conference and taking the Big East name. Rickmbari and others have openly pondered what the new name could be. While someone here suggested reviving the Metro Conference name (not the worst idea, in my opinion) I wonder what types of new, fun creative names we could up up with for the conference once it loses the Big East name.
So, fellow 'Cloids - lets figure out what works, what doesn't, what we can send to Commissioner Mike Aresco. With the boatloads of cash the conference is getting from departing members he can certainly afford to pay us.
- Beast, SunBeast, SunBeast USA references are not allowed... we've been there done that... surely you can be a little more creative;
- Bourbon/Beer fueled creative efforts are self-rewarded;
- New Logos are encouraged;
- WordArt, Comic Sans and other generally gaudy typefaces and fonts are fantastic for Logos;
- Rec the crap out of the ones you like.
- Hot Hot may or may not give you x,xxx,xxx number of ChronPoints. (Its up to him how many he wants to award you, not redeemable for cash value or booze.)
- The personal satisfaction of winning a crappy logo competition on a hyper-specific local sports blog that once had a "famous" feud with Dick Vitale.