Tips and tricks from a non-expert:
1) Generally most effective after a consonantl (i.e. "Montrezl", "Get on the Ferryl", not "Luke is going to drop many a threel this year").
2) Doesn't work great when added to a proper noun. When added to random words, it is an homage. When added to names, other than Montrezl, it is seen (by me at least) as somewhat blasphemous. Especially other players on the basketball team (please no "Russl" or "Rozierl").
3) Tryl notl tol addl itl tol everyl wordl inl yourl commentl. Thisl isl overkilll. Use it sparingly for greatest effectl.
4) Use only when discussing the basketball team. The football team and others should be respected separately for their own accomplishments and individuality.
5) Help me make "Get on the Ferryl" a thing.
Other tips, tricks, advice, and no-nos welcome. Also, again, I don't see this getting old, unless it is abused or used improperly.