Let's be honest with ourselves: If the Big East as we knew it is off the table, the conference we wish we could land in is the ACC. That outcome is presently very unlikely, but there are a few scenarios that could see us invited, if the right dominoes fall in the right order. So here's the elaborate house of cards (Pun!) to prop up the dream.
1. The ACC expands to 16 teams, taking UConn and Rutgers
2. Missouri declines the invitation to the SEC, choosing to remain in a stabilized Big 12
3. The SEC raids the ACC for a 14th team, choosing either Florida State or Maryland
4. Notre Dame declines the offer to join the ACC
5. The ACC, flailing for a 16th member, chooses the best remaining option among former Big East teams: LOUISVILLE
A lot of events have to line up, none of them uniquely unlikely, but all five happening in the proper sequence is a serious longshot, starting with ACC going to 16.
Still, it's fun to dream.