I want to get it out of the way. !#@&@*(#^&@^*@&^$&*^$&*^$.
Why we lost-
- Rebounding- TJ recieved no support from the 4 when rebounding. They had 18 offensive rebounds. We were outrebounded by 15. In my earlier post, this is what I meant by losing Rock would sink us to the bottom of Swopshire lake.
- Free-throws- 43 percent will not get it done. Never, ever ever ever ever ever ever! This is the same way we lost to Drexel (you willl notice a lot of similarities between those games).
- Falling behind- This team always comes back. Always. But you cannot straight up spot a team 13 points and expect to win every time.
- Halfcourt execution- Like Drexel, we did not run. Morehead would slow it down and drill a three. Painfully simple, but the truth.
- Poor execution and coaching on the final possesion- Siv should not have backed off. Preston! would not have. Rick made a boneheaded choice on that last play. On the last play of the ballgame, we could not have gotten a better shot than what Marra had. No real complaint there; BECAUSE I KNOW WE SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN BEEN IN THAT POSITION PEOPLE!
- Injuries- Preston! and Siva's injuries caught up with us. Nuff said.
We did not deserve to win, plain and simple. What a cruddy way to end an otherwise perfect season.