I want to get it out of the way. !#@&@*(#^&@^*@&^$&*^$&*^$.
Why we lost-
- Rebounding- TJ recieved no support from the 4 when rebounding. They had 18 offensive rebounds. We were outrebounded by 15. In my earlier post, this is what I meant by losing Rock would sink us to the bottom of Swopshire lake.
- Free-throws- 43 percent will not get it done. Never, ever ever ever ever ever ever! This is the same way we lost to Drexel (you willl notice a lot of similarities between those games).
- Falling behind- This team always comes back. Always. But you cannot straight up spot a team 13 points and expect to win every time.
- Halfcourt execution- Like Drexel, we did not run. Morehead would slow it down and drill a three. Painfully simple, but the truth.
- Poor execution and coaching on the final possesion- Siv should not have backed off. Preston! would not have. Rick made a boneheaded choice on that last play. On the last play of the ballgame, we could not have gotten a better shot than what Marra had. No real complaint there; BECAUSE I KNOW WE SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN BEEN IN THAT POSITION PEOPLE!
- Injuries- Preston! and Siva's injuries caught up with us. Nuff said.
We did not deserve to win, plain and simple. What a cruddy way to end an otherwise perfect season.
Which loss hurts most?
Elite EIght game vs. Michicgan St. 09 tourney. (39 votes)
First round game vs. Morehead St. '11 tourney. (15 votes)
54 total votes