* Big time OL Spencer Region Loved his visit to Louisville last weeked. The visit actually went so well Spencer will be making a return trip to "The Ville" before signing day which could spell good news for CCS and staff. Region was set to visit LSU this weekend but a report surfaced earlier that the visit has been canceled. No confimation on that but if its true Louisville could have emerged as the leader in his recruitment which would be huge with less than a month left until signing day.
* Many cards fans including myself thought Andrew Buie would committ shortly after his visit. Then a report surfaced that Buie would not be visiting and it seemed Louisville and Buie had parted ways. Well Buie clearified the situation to Hays Carlyon of Jacksonville.com by saying this "Louisville called and said they had maxed out their scholarships for this class and there was no room for me," Buie said. "So, on Wednesday I called West Virginia and luckily they were able to get a visit set up for me.". I guess things are going in the right direction when were turning away 4* running backs.
* Jon Davis will be visiting Louisville this weekend and Louisville looks to be in a good shape with the 4* TE. Joker didn't help his case with Davis this week by landing commitment from Tight End Alvin Dupree. Maybe Joker knew he had lost his prize Tight End to the good guys and decided to move forward a secure another commitment at that position. My thought is that Davis will be a Cardinal next season.
* Gerrod Holliman and Andrew Johnson have an upcoming visit to Ole Miss. Its a few ways to look at this. One you can view it as they already had this visit planned even before they committed and they want to take advantage of a free trip to hang out with some friends they have down there. Two you can view as if Ole Miss is still heavily in the picture and even though their committed this is going to come down to a signing day descision . I think were still in good shape but until they sign their LOI im not sure which way to go with these two.
A FEW OTHER NOTES...
* CCS is scheduled to make an in home visit with Kaleb Johnson today and so expect a commitment shortly after from Kaleb. This would be a nice pick up for our OL.
* Former Louisville committ Chris Dukes has reportedly committed to Toledo.
* BJ Dubose had a great visit to Louisville last weekend and now we have emerged as one of his favorites coming down the stretch.
* Dont expect to see Robert Terrell wearing Red and Black. It seem as if Terrell and Louisville are on the verge of parting ways over Terrell not wanting to be greyshirted.
* On a basketball note.......Don't forget next Sunday at Eastern High School two future Cardinals Rodney Purvis ( Upper Room) and Wayne Blackshear ( Morgan park ) will be going head to head. This will be a great chance to see these two live and Im sure it will be standing room only. I kinda figured they would have moved this game to bellarmine to accomidate the crowd.