I would hope the coaches have you in a media-deprivation chamber, but in case they don't, and just in case any of you are perusing CardChron, I have something I think you need to hear.
It’s true that there are some "experts" and "analysts" that are high on U of L playing Duke in the second round. You can even find some that think you’ll go farther. Don't listen to this crap. It’s fun for us as fans to find these obscure predictions and rally around them as a way to feel like our team is getting respect, but this is exactly the opposite of what you (even more than past Card teams) need to be hearing. Even if the coaches don’t have you in a media deprivation chamber, I hope they’re filling your heads with the right messages:
1. Forget what anyone in the media is saying.
2. Forget Duke. Cal is good, and they’re hungry.
3. You’re not good enough to coast through any game (See Cincinnati).
4. You are good enough to beat anyone if you play hungry and know your role (and the shots fall).
5. Always remember you represent the University of Louisville. Conduct yourself in a manner worthy of that distinction.
6. This might be your last game as Cardinal for this year, or forever. No holding back.
Also, know that the fans love you, and we’re proud of you.
…One last thing: For the love of God, please get a good nap in before this late game. It’s Jacksonville, there’s nothing fun to do, so don’t even bother looking.