So.....that sucked. I'm kinda over it though. For a couple reasons:
1) Stepping back, Georgetown has lost 2 straight and they are still a Top 10 team. It's not like we lost to Seton Hall or Charlotte.
2) We missed a lot of short shots in the second half, including a number of challenged shots Samardo could have easily gotten fouls called on. They blow the whistle once or twice there, who knows.
3) Freeman shot out of his mind - 9/12, 5/6 and I think all of those misses were in the first half. Kinda like Scottie Reynolds, I mean, when a good player is making all of his shots, you've got to keep pace.
4) We looked awesome in the first half. So, it's not like we can't put together a solid 20 minutes anymore. Ugh.
5) I doubt many of the 14 or so NBA scouts in attendance were climbing over Sam and his camera to whisper in Samardo's ear. So it seems more likely he'll be taking the opening tip in the new arena. Amazing what a difference a week makes. Last week, Samardo was the Player He Was Promised To Be and Edgar was getting booed in the first half. Tonight, I yelled that Pitino needed to put Sosa back in, and then yelled to get Samardo out of there!
So, now we have to win at Marquette and at UConn, or win at home against a top 10 team that hasn't lost on the road all season and who we have already beat this season.