I hate Kentucky. Plain and simple. At my first UK day ever, it was a bummer in the yummer. I mean, this was bad, but let's be realistic. I have seen many people and talked about the game and how the sky is falling and how terrible we are and are LOOKING FOR REASONS to hate on us. "Oh, this weak nonconference is why we lost. We weren't prepared!" Bullcrap. All the way. I mean yes, when you haven't been punched in the mouth before, it is hard to know how to respond, but these kids are ready for every game. For God's sake, our coach is a hall of famer. Another common scapegoat is Peyton Siva. It's not like he had options. Marra? The sharpshooter from Rhode Island who CANT SHOOT? TJ? Chris Smith? None of those guys played well, and when half of your team flops, it is tough to rack up assists. And finally, "What the heck is up with these guys? We can't let Jones just bank it in 7 feet from the bucket!" Once again, don't blame our guards for bad D. KRKKK on the second coming of E5 in the wrong uni? MISMATCH. UK simply was more lengthy at guard, which killed us.
Why we really lost-
- Our inside game was nonexistent. After Gorgui got hurt, which I couldn't tell being no Gus Johnson to notify me, was a crushing blow. I am sorry but Terrence Jennings was absolutly terrible. With the amount of oppurtunities he had at the offensive end hurt us, but here's the kicker. Josh Harrellson is a very good player. I will say that. But Harrellson WILL NOT have another 23-15 game again. He is just not that great. And TJ was utterly DOMINATED BY HIM. The constant leaving of him was re-frickin-diculous. I mean the equation was this- double team their TJ Harrellson runs the baseline and gets a dunk. Well, how do we stop it? (Jeopardy theme comes on.) Oh! I know! WE EFFING GUARD FRIGGIN HARRELLSON.
- Poor shot selection killed us. Jacking up a random shot early in the clock just won't cut it.
- Turnovers. Both ways. Ofter, off of a turnover, we did not convert. We had just as many turnovers as they did, but they had almost 10 more points than we did off of turnovers.
- I do find this extremely odd. Where in the heck were SVT and George Goode? We needed rebounds. They are good scrappy rebounders. If I were them I would be PO'd. Yes, you're good enough to play against Butler and UNLV, but not UK? Whatever.
- I am not sure TJ really wants to be here. He has shown no dislike to being on the bench. When he finally gets a chance to shine, he flops. Pull a Samardo and get the heck away from here if you don't frickin wanna be here.
Well, leave comments, please, I want to here what you think. And no, I have not read the threads on the game.