It has begun.
Game of the Night
2) AUSTIN PEAY 57, 7) EASTERN ILLINOIS 54 (Ohio Valley)
The second-seeded Govs avoided becoming the first real upset victim of the postseason by rallying from a 10-point second half deficit to knock off No. 7 Eastern Illinois, 57-54.
Austin Peay trailed the Panthers after two Romain Martin foul shots put them up 54-53 with1:50 left. Drake Reed then tied the game at 54 with a free throw at 1:26 and Kyle Duncan made two free throws with 13 seconds remaining.
A three-point attempt by Eastern Illinois' Billy Parrish bounced off the rim, Peay rebounded, and Wes Channels made a free throw with 3 seconds left.
Duncan led the Governors with 16 points, and Reed added 15.
Upset of the Night
7) ILLINOIS-CHICAGO 73, 6) YOUNGSTOWN STATE 68 (Horizon League)
It wasn't exaclty Princeton over UCLA, but it was the only technical upset of the postseason's first night.
Rob Eppinger led four scorers in double digits with 20 points and 14 rebounds as Illinois-Chicago held off Youngstown State for a 73-68 win Tuesday night in the first round of the Horizon League tournament.
The Flames lost to Youngstown in both of the regular season meetings.
UIC gets third-seeded Cleveland State in the quarters.
Player of the Night
Lester Hudson (Tennessee-Martin/Ohio Valley)
The reigning OVC Player of the Year was 8-for-13 from 3-point range and dropped a season-high 42 points as the top-seeded Skyhawks rolled over Tennessee Tech in the first round of the OVC tourney.
Seth Curry (Liberty/Big South)
Scored 30 points and handed out six assists in a first-round victory over Gardner-Webb.
Travis Holmes (VMI/Big South)
Scored 30 points and grabbed eight rebounds as the nation's highest scoring team rolled past Coastal Carolina and into the Big South semis.
Reid Augst (UNC-Asheville/Big South)
Scored 27 points on 9-of-15 shooting in an eight-point win over Winthrop.
BIG SOUTH (Quarterfinals)
1) Radford 82, 8) High Point 58
2) VMI 86, 7)Coastal Carolina 76
3) Liberty 88, 6) Gardner-Webb 77
4) UNC-Asheville 76, 5) Winthrop 68
OHIO VALLEY (Quarterfinals)
1) Tennessee-Martin 93, 8) Tennessee Tech 75
2) Austin Peay 57, 7) Eastern Illinois 54
3) Murray State 88, 6) Tennessee State 74
4) Morehead State 91 5) Eastern Kentucky 72
HORIZON LEAGUE (First Round)
3) Cleveland State 56, 10) Detroit 43
4) Wright State 68 9) Valparaiso 56
5) Milwaukee 77, 8) Loyola 68
7) Illinois-Chicago 73, 6) Youngstown State 68