1) If you missed pictures of Blake Griffin on the sidelines last night, you missed a sartorial comedy of errors. But there will be pictures, oh yes, there will be pictures. But if you aren't motivated to find any I'll just put it this way, somewhere in hell a maitre de is missing his jacket. I can only assume Blake's decision to wear that to the fieldhouse was all the evidence Capel needed that Griffin's concussion was much worse then anyone feared.
More on the actual game later.
2) It's way too early for this, but if the BET started today we'd be a 2 seed, which in all probability would mean our first game would be against 10th seeded Notre Dame. That would sort of blow. And by "sort of" I mean "completely." Definitely will be happy for whatever movement takes them off our dance card.
3) Last night at halftime of the card's game the talking heads smugly assured themselves that even if the Sooners lost tonight (and even beyond), they were still all but guaranteed a 1 seed. Seems they think the team gets a pass on any games they lose while Dressy McBlazer is on the sidelines. I think that is madness - please tell me I'm not crazy. If OK can't win the soft-as-grapes Big 12, no way they deserve a 1 seed. Memphis would deserve it more. Well, maybe not that, but close.
4) In Lunardi's most recent bracket UofL is rewarded with a 2 seed playing in Dayton, and all they have to suffer for the honor is to share a bracket with, hmm, let's see - N.C., Mich State, UCLA, WVU, BC, and I'll throw Kansas in there for good measure. BRU-TAL. Thank God that will change.
5) I don't think the Big East gets fewer than two 1 seeds. I don't think ACC can possibly get more than one unless a train carrying UConn wrecks into the Petersen Events Center and the cardinals get charged with the crime.
6) Watching the cards last night it seemed like we were winning by 100, but it was only 10. Somehow we managed to keep the Hoyas in the game until the last 4 minutes. In spite of that, we looked pretty good. I hope not to hear the words Georgetown & bubble in the same sentence any more this year.
7) E5 finally looked good from distance - now if he can just stop losing control of the ball in the lane 5 times a game. If we continue to shoot like we did last night (first half anyway) we're going to be tough to beat. Sosa looked highlight reel sharp. Samardo dunks pretty good. So does TWill.