1. When Louisville takes the field in Morgantown on Saturd---OH MY GOD THE SITE'S DIFFERENT. I DON'T...I DON'T LIKE THIS....
2. Steve Kragthorpe opened his Monday press conference with the following:
"Sorry I'm late. I was actually on the phone with Jon Gruden. He wanted to know how tall Will Stein was."
Kragthorpe's press conference antics have bothered me almost as much as his teams' on-field performance, but this is funny. It's sort of like when a candidate you've supported but have always wanted to open up a lot more gives a tremendous, heartfelt concession speech.
3. The other big story to come out of the press conference was that walk-on freshman Will Stein may again get the call under center this Saturday at West Virginia.
I'm not saying Louisville has Will Stein fever, but...
Again, at this point in the season Stein is really the only shot the program has at a positive story, so I'm all for rolling with him.
4. Louisville will be facing a No. 1 team for the third time in under a year when the fighting Mike Rutherfords of Bellarmine University step into Freedom Hall tomorrow night.
I'd be surprised if Kyle Kuric didn't get the start over Reggie Delk, but I wonder if Pitino will do any more shuffling. He's said from the beginning that Sosa, Smith and Samuels are probably going to start each and every game, and he's planted his feet pretty deep in Swop's corner, so the rest of the lineup staying the same is probably a safe bet.
Regardless of who's out there, Louisville will get pushed.
5. Is the Louisville/West Virginia rivalry officially dead? Unless the Cards spring a huge upset and someone kicks Noel Devine in the stomach at some point during the game, I'd have to say so.
Kickoff is set for noon with ESPNU covering the game. The 'Eers have opened as 19.5-point favorites.